Monday, January 5, 2009

Hello Again!

Hello Everyone and hope you all had a wonderful holiday...as we did. We spent tons of time with the boys, well, all our time. I didn't even paint once over the past two weeks, I guess I actually took a mini vacation. And of course, it felt absolutely wonderful. We ate tons of great food, attended a few Holiday parties, and spent time with family. We also celebrated 2 birthday boys in the family which included parties. Jacob my oldest is now 13...wow. And Austin my youngest is 9.

We also picked up a new family hobby, paintball. Yes, I'm doing it too. It is so fun and what a stress reliever. My husband even bought me a pink paintball gun...it is so cute, I'll have to post a picture of it. It's also amazing how serious some of these players are and how many other families are joining in on the fun as well. Here are some photos from one of the trips.


Austin and Dave getting ready!
Jacob after target practice!
The owners dog was even wondering around welcoming
everyone with a little game of fetch! He was so sweet!

So now onto business news. I have a big next couple of weeks ahead. Starting Jan. 14th - 21st, I have a show in Dallas. This show is for my stores and it's the biggest of the year. So, let's just say I'm busy creating new art that needs to be up in two weeks. I am adding around 7 new pieces to the line and can't wait for them to be seen.
I am also going to be sending out newsletters starting in February. And every other month after that. So, If you'd like to be added on my email list, send me your email and put newsletter in the subject line. Email- marnie@jaustinryan.com or click on my contact info
I am also creating a new banner for my blog so look for that soon. And of course, many new pieces of art for the new year.
For the Hawk series I will be adding many more animals and I'll be incorporating furniture pieces into the art as well. I used to have to draw up samples of furniture where I worked before so that will be coming back for me. Let's just say Hawks home is filled with mid-century modern and classic..can't wait to show.
Well, I've said enough today and need to get back to creating. Don't forget to check out the shop daily for new art. Have a great day! Marnie



1 comment:

Kathleen Coy said...

Looks like you had a nice break. I played paintball once, it was a lot of fun but OW, those things hurt!!! (I got shot in the neck, yikes!)
Looking forward to seeing what new art you come up with. Happy New Year!